Hello.

I'm a intuitive artist inspired by and confused by life. By combining art and meditation with a flow-of-consiousness style, my process becomes an vision quest and an escape into a world of symbols and color. I stop here occasionally to unravel my mind.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

last day lemons and honey

The date on this poem is correct. I wrote this last year, on December 31st, a day before moving my final items to the room I was renting on the west side of Cayuga Lake. I have a small car... so the final move included my computer, my dog and my overnight bag.

Happy New Year one year later!



December 31st, 2007


the mileage on my car
turned 100,000 today

at the light by the fish fry
on Bridge Street

missed it by .4 of a mile
searching for chapstick

the sun appeared through the clouds
brought tears to my eyes

lemons were on sale at wegmans
bought six to mix with hot water and honey

honey from a good friends hive
kept in their Liverpool backyard

today I scraped the last of it
from the glass jar

I licked the spoon
and smiled.

1 comment: