Hello.

I'm a intuitive artist inspired by and confused by life. By combining art and meditation with a flow-of-consiousness style, my process becomes an vision quest and an escape into a world of symbols and color. I stop here occasionally to unravel my mind.

Sunday, January 15, 2017

red paint



There's no red paint in this yet and I'm not sure how much longer I can resist adding it. 

This piece is in progress. Started yesterday and worked on it a little today. Trying to incorporate a daily practice even if it's only 15 minutes.

Where my mind is at with this:
I'm intentionally using art as a means for self therapy and healing.

I approached this with only a fraction of an idea in my mind. It's scary to approach the empty canvas with a shadow of an idea and leap in. But it's exciting to see it evolve. This one will evolve more. 

Technique wise... I continue to do a lot of mixing right on the canvas, allowing the wood to show through and doing my best not to cover up the spontaneity of the strokes while also adding areas of depth and detail.

I still have the four large pieces from a fall art retreat, which need a big time commitment.
This here is an experiment and it requires less time. I think most artists have several projects going on at once, don't you?

This one will be fun to continue to work on for a few days! It needs red!

No comments:

Post a Comment