Hello.

I'm a intuitive artist inspired by and confused by life. By combining art and meditation with a flow-of-consiousness style, my process becomes an vision quest and an escape into a world of symbols and color. I stop here occasionally to unravel my mind.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New work in mixed media

For my upcoming solo exhibit titled, Creative Wanderings: 2005 - 2011, I've created some new pieces in mixed-media (two posted below). The work will be on display in the Chittenango School District, where I taught art for 11 years. Talk about pressure! The show will include 15 works created from 2005, the year I resigned from teaching, through today.

I taught digital media, film/digital photography, and studio art. As a professional artist, I've worked in several medias -- I began as a portrait illustrator (which I hated), moved to more expressive and experimental works in painting and assemblage, embraced digital illustration for a while, worked with video and web design, and have ended up in the land of mixed-media --- where I've been experimenting (and indulging in) combining illustrations, doodles, and digital images with painting and found objects.

Images from top to bottom:   
Nectar, mixed-media, 2011
Destiny, mixed-media, 2011





2 comments:

  1. Wow, Sheri! Cool story of your progress, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome new work. Still love the Bobby dog one you made for me. It is proudly displayed in my living room.

    ReplyDelete