Hello.

I'm a intuitive artist inspired by and confused by life. By combining art and meditation with a flow-of-consiousness style, my process becomes an vision quest and an escape into a world of symbols and color. I stop here occasionally to unravel my mind.

Monday, April 13, 2009

death

Last week my Uncle died. His health took a turn for the worse recently, so I drove up north of Syracuse to see him. I sort of knew what to expect... but not fully. He had gotten very small. Not his regular 6 foot healthy frame. There were too many others around the house to have time to say anything to him. I held his hand. Tight. He hadn't been able to talk for a few days. But he held my hand tight. I stayed that way for about a full minute... and then I bent down and looked at him.... this would end up being the last time we made eye contact and touched. I said to him.... "I'll be back tomorrow with dad... ok? Love you.". He was moving his mouth and trying to say something. I don't know what he was trying to say. Maybe "ok... see you tomorrow". This was Monday. He died Wednesday.

Goodbye Uncle O. I love you.
Siete nel mio cuore per sempre

1 comment:

  1. What is yes without no? No is hard. Yes can be harder, and can be rescinded.
    What is wealth without poverty? Poverty is hard. Wealth can be harder, and can be lost.
    What is youth without age? Age is hard. Youth can be harder, and can be wasted.
    What is life without death? Death is hard. Life can be harder, and always ends.
    What is love? The taste of another's soul, forever.
    What is art? Art is love. =^.^=

    ReplyDelete