Hello.

I'm a intuitive artist inspired by and confused by life. By combining art and meditation with a flow-of-consiousness style, my process becomes an vision quest and an escape into a world of symbols and color. I stop here occasionally to unravel my mind.

Friday, May 21, 2010

iNSPiRED!

I'm very excited about the new work I'm doing in my studio... finally!

I am combining linear ink drawings, prints of digital images I've taken, some found objects, and acrylic paint all on canvas. I am gluing prints of my images and drawings on the canvas in two ways; directly on top and ripping holes in the canvas to have the image show through.

Ripping & cutting through helps me control the shape more and add texture to the whole piece.

I'm considering experimenting with using foamcore in place of canvas. Its thicker and I could cut sections out and build sections up more. hmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment