Hello.

I'm a intuitive artist inspired by and confused by life. By combining art and meditation with a flow-of-consiousness style, my process becomes an vision quest and an escape into a world of symbols and color. I stop here occasionally to unravel my mind.

Monday, February 1, 2010

in between

Life is full of transitions and sometimes we're caught in between.

"in between"
is the title of my new solo art exhibit on display at the Scale House Brew Pub. Art can be viewed during restaurant hours, now through the end February 2010.

Artist Statement
In recent months, I’ve been agonizing over the direction to take my art. I work in three medias; acrylic paint, ink draw
ing, digital illustration and imagery. I’m steering away from prints --and moving toward original, one-of-a-kind artworks.

This show is titled “in between”, because this is where I am artistically. You can see from the pieces in this show, a transition happening as I merge my drawing and painted media together. Visions and Violet Wings are the beginning of this style jump.


To view all 13 pieces in this show, click here --> "in between" flickr gallery

Posted below: Two new multi-media works, Visions and Violet Wings, along with my most recent painting Violet Waves.

Violet Waves


Visions


Violet Wings

3 comments:

  1. Sheri, yet again...Kudos! I really dig your style. I guess its the free-style and unapologetic nature of it that really draw me in. I hope one day to be able to capture my imagination's scenes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey I like that.... unapologetic. No one has ever described it that way but I can totally see what you mean... even though I can't explain it.

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome :)

    ...I guess by 'unapologetic' I meant that it doesn't always follow the rules of normal understanding, but seems to get it's point across... I can handle unapologetic, myself. LOL

    ReplyDelete